Thursday, February 3, 2011

Flashbacks..

A Flashback To 5th Grade...

Fathers Mean More

"There i was that morning,
I woke up with glee
In hope that my 10th birthday would be a beauty.

A great birthday would be nice,
I would love it for sure,
with balloons, cale,
and ten mile more.

It was the year 2004, 
when me and my mom,
left the house,
to go fishing was our wish,
and to catch us some fish,
to throw back of course.

We were on our way, and the birds were singing,
we were driving alone,
when her cell phone started ringing,
it was my dad on the other line.

A while before,
my dad had been sick,
and both of his kidneys had failed,
putting him at risk.

He had lost his leg, 
a couple years before,
and now he is who we all adored.

On the other end of the phone,
was the voice of my dad,
tell my mom to hurry.

He needed to be there in one hour,
at the hospital,
they were waiting,
with a kidney that day,
to save his life it would,
so he took it in a flash.

Major surgery occured,
that summer day,
in hope that my dad would be okay,

I say at home waiting hoping he would be okay,
i say around basically all day,
oh how i cried,
hoping he would not die,
but make it through the surgery just fine,
he made it through okay,
and i was as joyful as can be.

That day I realized I have many important things in my life,
but i realized my father meant more to me,
then he would have ever knew.

My dad he was sick, 
and our family worried,
that he would be okay,
in hope that it was only my 10th birthday."


It's amazing to know that I have my dad as my father figure. He is an amazing man and I couldn't ask for anyone better..♥


Sometimes,
There are many people out there in this world,
That need to realize their priorities,
They need to put what means most to them ahead,
And not worry so much about the things that haven't been there as long,
They need to realize that even though some things are there for you everyday,
And some may only be there periodically,
Some may be a very strong hope,
And some may come and go,
But in the end, 
Everyone needs to be strong enough to realize that there are certain things in life,
That may come and go,
But you need to stick by the things that have been here all along,
Through thick and thin,
Sometimes,
You need to realize even though you may not need that someone,
Just do ME a favor,
Realize how much that person needs you.
Realize that I need you more then you know,
I need you for support,
I need you as my dad.
I need to know that I am a priority in your life.
Actions,
Speak,
Louder,
Then,
Words.

What happened to when I was younger?
I may not be a baby anymore,
But I do still need you...



No comments:

Post a Comment